Law Enforcement plays a central role in protecting our communities, but rely on their partners to receive timely and accurate information.
The MedReportGuard Suite provides powerful tools and automated workflows in three critical areas:
- Mandatory Reporting
- Forensic Medical Examinations
- Forensic Exam Reimbursement through the California Office of Emergency Services
- Referrals to Advocacy Services
The MRG Suite enables easy handoffs between any mandatory reporter or forensic in your jurisdiction.
1. Mandatory Reporting
Suspected abuse or suspicious injury reports are required by California state law, however they are typically:
- Completed by hand on paper, with missing, illegible or inconsistent information;
- Transmitted via fax machine or mail with no follow-up to ensure that a report was received;
- Sent to the incorrect jurisdiction or misrouted;
Many healthcare providers do not complete the process at all due to these challenges, and are not aware of their mandatory reporting requirements.
2. Forensic Exams
Forensic medical examinations by trained examiners collecting physical, documentary, and photographic evidence. This evidence c
3. Forensic Medical Evidentiary Examination Reimbursement
Pursuant to Penal Code SS 13823.95, Law Enforcement agencies may now seek reimbursement to offset the cost of conducting forensic medical evidentiary examinations for victims of sexual assault while funding is available. With the click of a button, you can now submit your reimbursement requests to CalOES through the MRG Suite, and fastrack your requests.
Eligibility for reimbursement covers any of the following for examinations occurring on, or after, July 1, 2021:
- Acute Adult/Adolescent Sexual Assault Examination (Cal OES 2-923)
- Non-acute Child-Adolescent Sexual Abuse Examination (Cal OES 2-925)
- Acute Child-Adolescent Sexual Abuse Examination (Cal OES 2-930)
4. Referrals to Advocacy
Increasingly, Law Enforcement plays a role in referring victims directly to advocacy services. Victims can be connected to advocacy services through the application.